
Okay, so this post is different from anything I've done, but I had a great time last night and want to let you all know about my favorite workout, Zumba. I started doing Zumba about six months ago and it is the workout I look forward to every week. Zumba is a Latin inspired dance/aerobics type class. This man to the left (Beto) accidentally started Zumba one day when he went to teach a class and realized he forgot his music. He went to his car and got some of his personal CD's, and now we have Zumba. It has spread worldwide and it is so much fun. I burn more calories in an hour of Zumba than I do in an hour of spinning. Beto was in Salt Lake last night and I went with a group of friends. It was absolutely the most fun I've had working out, plus I burned 1100 calories! They were filming for a new DVD (if I had known at the time of ticket purchase, I may not have purchased. Glad I did--fun, fun, fun). Anyone who knows me knows that I DON'T dance. Zumba isn't all dance, and I suppose it depends on your instructor, but this class has opened me up in a way I've never thought possible. You can visit http://www.zumba.com/us/ to find a class near you. If you have a gym membership, look for this class. You won't be sorry!
1 comment:
Ok, 1100 calories - I'm in!! I go spinning every week, and love it, but this sounds way more fun!
Post a Comment